Mirsky Policastri LLC is based in Rockville, Maryland and represents clients in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. We are devoted to client service. We protect entrepreneurs and businesses for a fraction of the cost of in-house counsel. While you are taking care of your business, we are taking care of you.
About Our Law Firm
The name partners, Scott A. Mirsky and Eugene W. Policastri, have more than 40 years of combined experience and worked at larger firms prior to establishing Mirsky Policastri LLC. Our goal was to establish a firm focused on client service. It is our philosophy that our clients receive more value than what they pay in fees. The Mirsky Policastri team is dedicated to evaluating your matter early on, listening to your goals and together devising a strategy that fits both your needs and your budget. We deliver customer service, prompt communication, honesty, fairness, and our core values, listed below. Our team is focused on construction, employment, business litigation, real estate law, family, estate planning and elder law. By providing depth in these concentrations, we are able to plan your strategy accordingly, avoid pitfalls, and bring experience with the case law to resolve cases in your favor.
Our Core Values
Core values are essential in our business relations and how we have grown our team. Our core values are:
• Quality Work Products: We apply our legal expertise and the collaborative input of our team to deliver a legal strategy to resolve issues in your favor. We deliver high quality work product that we believe will leave you with a positive legal experience when you deal with our firm.
• Client Service: We are prompt, proactive, practical and experienced to deliver positive results.
• Collegiality and Respect: We have a positive attitude and commitment to the firm and our clients. We respect each other and our clients. We communicate and respond to our clients’ needs and concerns.
• Leadership: We set a positive example for our team through honesty, consistency, and fairness. We have shared goals and set a positive direction for the firm. We believe in being accountable to our clients. In our daily work environment, we work hard and enjoy the law and client service. We reward high performing staff and recognize individual performance. We respect and encourage diversity in ideas, age, gender, ethnic background, religion and education.
• Modern Approach and Spirit: We leverage technology to deliver a modern law office that streamlines communications, maintain awareness of legal trends and decisions, and communicates effectively with clients. We bring innovation to our cases and make clients comfortable. We are result-driven and practical. We are fiscally responsible and update you frequently, so that your bill does not surprise you.
Scott focuses his practice on employment law, construction, business litigation and real estate. He drafts and enforces non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. This helps to prevent the theft of clients and customers from the businesses you worked so hard to form. Scott is a member of and participates in educational seminars. He is available to meet with your HR staff or to help you create employee policies and handbooks with all the necessary forms and policies for your business. Scott is able to consult and advise on high priority employee concerns. Scott also focuses on construction law. He has been lead counsel in litigation matters over the interpretation and enforcement of construction contracts.
Gene focuses on helping architects and engineers. He provides general counsel services for their practices and helps them resolve issues that arise during construction administration during the execution of their design by the general contractors. Gene is an affiliate member of the AIA and conducts continuing education seminars. Gene also guides life and business coaches with entity formation and the running of their companies.
Heather Sunderman recently joined the firm. Her practice has focused on family law, and she has negotiated and litigated cases including divorce, domestic violence protective orders, alimony, property distribution, child custody and child support. Family law issues present unique challenges. Many cases can be resolved through negotiation or mediation, however, sometimes litigation is required to address your issues. Heather has extensive experience with both. She also has experience in estate planning and immigration matters.
Our practice includes experienced support staff that are responsive and share our goals and vision to build a customer-focused, responsive legal team. Mirsky Policastri LLC is a proud member of the Rockville Chamber of Commerce.
How to Start
We can begin helping you with a simple telephone consultation. Before the consultation, you will need to gather a few key pieces on information. Just call us and we can help you get started.